Monday, July 16, 2018

The Bat (Within about a year there will be an announcement, stay tuned)


One  day I walked into the house after my walk in the morning and went "Whaaaaa?" 

Whats that black furry blob on my fireplace??? 

I looked up close (carefully...think RABIES!) and realized it was a bat hanging upside down on my chimney.





NO ONE would claim responsibility in the area to take care of it, (I spent HOURS on the phone trying to find someone in the area to take care of it, the whole time with the thing hanging off my fireplace) soooo I had to. 

I coincidentally had a box with fixins to make a gingerbread house on my kitchen table, so I took everything out of the box and went up to the fireplace, prayed "please God help me!" and put the plastic top over the bat. 

The bats wings shoot out the minute I did, one wing wrapping around the  side of the fireplace and it took some serious manuverning to get that wing back in under the plastic.

Then I took the plastic back, prayed again "PLEEEEEEEEEEEAASE don't let him fall out of the box when I lift it up!"
I shut the back...and squashed the poor things hiney. EEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE (All the while with it SCREAMING...how would you like to be woken up in the middle of a nap?:p) SQUEEKKKKKK SQEEEEEEK SQUEEEEEEK!-Talk about an unearthly sound!!!) still up against the fireplace trying to capture it and get it out of the house in a Costco gingerbread plastic box. 

All the while I'm screaming "I'm SORRY!" I'm SORRY!! (For squishing its tush:p)

I manuvuered it around and got the bottom off its tush and got a closer look under the box... 

I was surprised to see...it was kinda cute, (lil furry thing with a pushed in nose like a lil pug, almost adorable even) in a Halloween freak you out movie kind of way.

 I let it loose on my deck , and instead of just flying off my deck, it used its lil bat arms to do this lil bat wiggle, going back and forth with what looked like to me like a  body out of a horror movie wiggling back and forth 

It went over the first step on my deck and landed, feet hanging over the edge in a perfect bat hanging pose,  poor thing, looking confused, like it should have been in a cave but was doing the next best thing. 


I RAN to get a camera to document that YES this actually happened and took some pictures. (Sadly enough, most of the pictures are BLURRY. Poor thing kept looking at me cause the camera kept flashing...

I could hear the poor thing like a banshee in my head screeching "LADY...WHAT THE "BLEEP" are you DOING? I'm trying to sleep here!!"

 I finally decided to leave the poor critter alone so it could get some rest, and came back later and it was gone. Later I realized that the pics I got were mostly blurry, but MAN the thing had a wingspan. (I got some pics of him doing the body shuffle)

I have some exciting news coming up...hopefully this year sometime that has to do with this lil guy, (can't go into too much right now yet ...so stay tuned :) )




No comments:

Post a Comment